lundi 6 février 2012

The Crow

photo

The Crow

View on black or 500px

I've decided that long exposure photography is a bit like fishing. Scoping out places, working out whether there's anything worth catching and then casting your line/exposure and waiting to see what comes back.

I mention this as yesterday was a bit of the 'one that got away' that fishermen are always keen to tell you about. We didn't get any of the snow that seems to be all over the rest of the UK, so I planned to go down to the beach at high tide and spend a couple of hours out taking some LE shots whilst my wife was out. However after getting ready, it started to rain which looked set to scupper my plans. Thankfully though there was a bit of a break but not knowing how long it'd last I headed to this spot on the beach not far from me. I had one thing in mind, I wanted to take a shot of the sign that was on the fence with the water around it to create a fairly minimalist image.

You'll notice there are two things wrong with that scenario from the image above - I was too late for the tide but more significantly, the sign has gone. What a shame - I loved the idea of "no access beyond this point". Ah well.

In spite of all that I had a good 30-40 minutes photographing this before the rain forced me to pack up and head home. Thankfully for this shot the crow that was perched on the fence stayed pretty still. I think this is some kind of outlet from the sewage works further inland but I could be wrong.

Shot details
Canon 600D (T3i/Kiss X5)
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS @ 27mm
B+W ND110
ISO 100
90 second exposure @ f11

Tags

Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS

bnw

blackandwhite

black

artistic

art

600d

1855mm

10stop

LE

white

x5

water

unitedkingdom

wales

uk

tranquil

takenwith

t3i

smooth

seaside

seascape

sea

gimp

rhyl

rebelt3i

rebel

postprocess

prestatyn

picture

photograph

photo

northwales

north

nd16

nd

monochrome

mono

minimalist

minimal

longexposure

long

leadinglines

landscapes

landscape

kissx5

kiss

horizon

filter

ethereal

europe

eos

denbighshire

canon

bw
Flickr.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire