mercredi 28 septembre 2011

Legal Issues In The Music Industry - Mark J. Davis

legal issues in the music industry - mark j. davis
legal issues in the music industry - mark j. davis

Do you know the answers to these questions?
(You had better, if you want to survive in the music business.)

• What is copyright?
• What can I copyright?
• What rights do I have? For how long?
• Why will a “Poor Man’s Copyright” keep me poor?
• Can I sell my copyright? Give it to my kids?
• What is infringement?
• What is “Fair Use”? (HINT: it’s not what you think it is)
• How do songwriters get paid?
• What does a music publisher do? Do I need one?
• Who are ASCAP, BMI, and SESAC?
• My song was played on the radio – where’s my money?
• How do cover songs work?
• What’s the difference between a parody and infringement?
• What’s important in a record deal?
• My band is putting out our own album, what do we need to do?
• What do all those legal terms mean?
• How do recording artists get paid?
• What do you mean I owe the record label money?
• Am I recouped yet?

Mark J. Davis is an attorney, university lecturer, and former arbitrator for the US Copyright Office. Rely on his experience in entertainment law and get the same valuable advice he’s given to his students and clients for over 30 years.

DOWNLOAD LEGAL ISSUES IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY - MARK J. DAVIS

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire