lundi 26 septembre 2011

Surefire Hire - Jake Carney. Dan Stanzione. Joel Carney And Gena Stanzione

surefire hire - jake carney. dan stanzione. joel carney and gena stanzione
surefire hire - jake carney. dan stanzione. joel carney and gena stanzione

Everything you need to know to get hired in a down market. Sure fire hire outlines all of the tips and tricks for the job search process. You will land your dream job in no time.

I am a true believer in getting to know the author a bit before you set out on your journey through any “self-help” piece of literature, whether it is eBooks, Print Publications, or Magazines. Some people might refer to this section as an arrogant or self-doting mantra where the authors love to talk about themselves. But in order for me to have any type of credibility with you, I must give you a brief background.

Also, another little heads up, I write very colloquially. I have been told this my entire life, but I have always felt this is the best way for me to get across what I feel and think. I am no Rhodes Scholar, but like to think I can tell a story better this way. You will find throughout this book that I provide “Quick Stories”. These little sections are true events that have happened to me and help get across my point. So back to my background and why you should listen to me…

Throughout the past 5 years, in which the majority of those years has been in a down market, I have changed jobs 6 times. This has been done on my own accord. I have not been laid off or fired or transferred, but I have switched jobs because I wanted to on my own merit. (Side note: I actually had to count on my hands each job I have had since 2005).

I, in no way, am recommending you do the same. Let me repeat. This is not a good way to build a resume and can hurt you in the future. I am very well aware of that. I knew the risks when I was job searching and interviewing. But with that said, I do not regret making ANY of the changes I made. Each job change for me was for the better, whether it was experience, salary, benefits or flexibility. These jobs were actually career jobs, where I could have still been successful at each and every one of them. These were not part-time jobs. They were all full-time with benefits in relatively the same areas: Business/Internet/Marketing/IT. I managed multiple employees and grew professionally in each position I held.

By doing the easy math, I averaged a little over a job a year since 2005. Think of how many resumes I had to submit and interviews I had to go on just to achieve that statistic. For much of the past 5 years, I have spent the majority of those days putting resumes together, writing cover letters and going on interviews, all while I had a full-time job.

So think of me, as the most recent social experiment in the job search process. I know what it is like out there. I have taken phone interviews at work from my car. I have had to take the next flight to Chicago to interview for a job. There is no doubt that it is tough out there. It really is! The competition is stiff, but the second you stop feeling bad for yourself and start working towards getting hired, that is when things will turn around for you.

Recently, I have had many friends come up to me asking about jobs: Where to find them, how to interview, “Hey can I get your resume to use as an example”, etc… Most of the time it starts out as a joke given my recent job change history. But the principles and methods that I gave them and the ones I am giving you here, are the same principles and methods that led to me finding job after job and getting hired 6 times in 5 years. And they have all found success with it.

You might ask how I know these are the right methods, or where did I find out how to do these. I would say all of these tips/tricks are from my personal experience with one tip that I borrowed. But this tip is the foundation for this entire guide. This was the first tip my father gave me when I started interviewing for jobs well before college, probably right around the time I interviewed for my first job at Rita’s Italian Ice (which is presently the only job that I was let go from. When you are 15, who doesn’t want to eat straight from the custard machines?

DOWNLOAD SUREFIRE HIRE - JAKE CARNEY. DAN STANZIONE. JOEL CARNEY AND GENA STANZIONE

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire